Greeting Text

Following twenty years of farmer's markets selling locally grown vegetables, native fruits, and local honey Linda created Marianne's Kitchen in Shoreview, MN, an oasis of good food, conversation and laughter in a suburban food desert. Operating from 2011-2017 the cafe offered home made soups, fresh bread baked daily, great sandwiches and treats and a complete line of gluten-free soups, pickled products, jams, jellies, salsas and locally sourced soups, honey and grains.

The Marianne's Kitchen of sharing, conversation, and learning continues with ongoing commentary, food reviews and food finds as we grow, cook and eat our food and sample local restaurants.

Monday, February 12, 2018

Sunday: A few favorite recipes from Marianne's Kitchen

Sunday seemed like a fun day to make a few of our favorite recipes from Marianne's Kitchen...

During our 'food truck' summer last year (we hope you had some of the fun items we created while pretending to be an indoor food truck), we did oodles of fun pickles and lots of 'street food'.

So today I cranked out one of the pickles that turned out to be a new favorite for me---the garam masala pickle with fenugreek & hot peppers. It is such a good pickle...yum.

Then, some roasted corn street salad sounded good. Did you have some at Marianne's? I NEVER had ANY of it. It took me a couple of batches to figure out that I made enough to fill a large pan on the sandwich station, but there never seemed to be a full pan when Anne put it on the line. After about the third batch, I spied Anne's secret stash in the back refrigerator (& she didn't share, either!!!!).

I was nice today though--I gave Anne 'some' of the batch..... & I saved extra delicious cheese for me.
...& dessert seemed in order. 

John bought a bag of pb candies @ the We Are Nuts closeout & then realized eating handfuls straight from the bag did not count as healthy lunch.
So I made them 'healthier' by tossing some in a batch of granola cookies with French chocolate chunks & loads of butter...yup, healthier 🤣

So it was a short, but tasty trip down memory lane.

2 comments: