Greeting Text

Following twenty years of farmer's markets selling locally grown vegetables, native fruits, and local honey Linda created Marianne's Kitchen in Shoreview, MN, an oasis of good food, conversation and laughter in a suburban food desert. Operating from 2011-2017 the cafe offered home made soups, fresh bread baked daily, great sandwiches and treats and a complete line of gluten-free soups, pickled products, jams, jellies, salsas and locally sourced soups, honey and grains.

The Marianne's Kitchen of sharing, conversation, and learning continues with ongoing commentary, food reviews and food finds as we grow, cook and eat our food and sample local restaurants.

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Loop in St. Louis Park

Monday evening we had a bit of a family send-off as our son and daughter-in-law move to London.  Following three years in Aarhus, Denmark, a country somewhat narrow in cuisine, they've enjoyed their month here partaking of the Twin Cities Dining options.  

Blackened Chicken, Vegetable & Quinoa Salad
The Loop in St. Louis Park, just off HW 100 & 394, was a convenient location to meet.  As a point of history this was the land occupied by the Lincoln Del and the Cooper Theater.  My wife and I ate at the Lincoln Dell on our first date which must have been in 1974 or 1975.  At that meal we had a pastrami sandwich, a Reuben and shared a very large piece of chocolate whipped cream cake.  As I recall I'd borrowed a sport coat from one of my room mates.  The meal took all the money I had.

So...It was a bit like eating on hallowed ground.  I had the blackened chicken with roasted vegetables quinoa salad.  The chicken was fine and for $11.95 it was more, actually far more food than I anticipated.  It was a bit sparse on roasted vegetables and the quinoa a bit overdone, but overall quite satisfying.

My better half had the flank steak salad which was fine.  

For whatever reason I paid little attention to the future Londoner's meals.  I'm going to miss them

No comments:

Post a Comment